Monday, June 27, 2011

Yikes! Where does the time go?


June 27, 2011



Well, here we are facing the 4th of July and, no, our crops aren’t knee high! This whirlwind of a month took me to Denver, Colorado, with a promise to the staff I would make time to update this blog, but, between conference meetings and visiting with my RT peers, I was pooped! Blame it on the lack of oxygen, but every time I sat down to write, I fell asleep.

So here it is, the last Monday of the month and I am making another promise. I will write a short blog every day this week to catch up before I take a nice, quiet “staycation”. During that week, I will send you a quick update about another gardening project we are taking on at home.

This week’s updates will be about:
·         Another method for “Topsy Turvey” growing
·         An update on our plantings
·         A little bit about square foot gardening
·         Why we made some significant changes to our plans

At home, the garden is growing well. The tomatoes are in bloom, the peppers have little about the diameter of a quarter and if the eggplants produce according to bloom, we will have plenty to share. One note of disappointment- after losing the “Battle of the Beans” to the neighborhood rabbits, my husband gave up and plowed down what was left. It was probably for the best, as what was left was a row of bare stems! Rascally rabbits!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment